Friday, May 1, 2015

Full of Beginnings

OBX Spring Beauty

Yesterday was National Poem In Your Pocket Day
and I carried this beautiful poem by David Whyte
(my absolute favorite poet!)
How I love the beauty of words!

THE LIGHTEST TOUCH
Good poetry begins with
the lightest touch,
a breeze arriving from nowhere,
a whispered healing arrival,
a word in your ear,
a settling into things,
then like a hand in the dark
it arrests your whole body,
steeling you for revelation.

In the silence that follows
a great line
you can feel Lazarus
deep inside
even the laziest, most deathly afraid
part of you,
lift up his hands and walk toward the light.

    - David Whyte

Today is the first of May
new beginnings ... yippee!
Spring is here
and I look forward to freshness in my life!
Today I am mailing out
postcard this morning


What fun this experience was!
(If you get the chance, sign up next time around)
Jennifer Belthoff has a gift of bringing others together
and there is usually writing at the heart of her gatherings.
I love this woman so much!!!

This Sunday afternoon I am
taking a Calligraphy Workshop
with the amazing
and I can't wait, truly!
I am totally in love with learning
the Calligraphy process, I'm hooked!


Next weekend is another
Artful Spirit Gathering
and we are teaching the Soul Collage Process,
(link button on sidebar for details)
here is my latest card ... still in process


This spring is looking to be
a very creative and inspiring one!
I love sharing the
creative process with others.

Have a beautiful beginning of May,
Know that I think about you,
I love you
and I cherish the thought
that you come here for a visit!!

Donna Lee


1 comment:

  1. Donna,
    You have an inspiring blog. You have helped me be a better blogger too. Thank you for your post today (May 1st) I love the poem.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you visited this post today ... please feel free to comment on anything you have heard here today. Your opinions matter to me!