Friday, March 26, 2010

Woven Thoughts...Beginnings

Blogging Day One!
I have wanted to create a blog ever since I saw Julie and Julia! Of course, so has everyone else. But I wanted mine to be where my creative thoughts roll out of my head and onto the screen. The name Gentlethreads came from my weaving business The Gentle Thread. It took me months to come up with a name that I loved and that represented me the best. I consider myself a gentle spirit and weaving has been my passion for thirty years. Mixing different threads and fibers into woven creations, most of them planned out and some of my best pieces were those created by accident. My precious friend Holly always wanted me to put my thoughts down on paper, this is the closest I have come.

The loom is where I collect my thoughts...woven ideas on life, spirituality and friendship. This will be my forum and I am excited to see how my blog develops. The loom is significant to me, as are the thoughts and feelings that come from sitting at my loom. The quiet rhythm of the shuttle creates a soft space for me, I like that.

So join me won't you...let's see what comes out of this.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Donna, I will be looking forward to hearing what your life brings you. I love the name and thats a good discription of the way you write...from all the wonderfull cards and notes you have sent me over the years...each one has a place in my journal...
    I will send you a link if I can figure it out...Smallsteps@blogspot.com Holly

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you visited this post today ... please feel free to comment on anything you have heard here today. Your opinions matter to me!