Saturday, July 24, 2010

Learning something new!

I am really enjoying the blogging experience.  As you can see I have created a new background and added a few design elements into my page.  Before starting this blog, I had only read other people's blogs and enjoyed them.  I always wanted to have my own place where I could go and express what was in my heart and mind, but I was apprehensive about where to begin.  I doubted that I could accomplish it.  With time I have taught myself to write freely and create a place that I enjoy going to.  I have learned to design borders, add gadgets, incorporate pics, multi link myself to my "social networks" (see I am also getting the lingo down!).  The internet can be a scary and intimidating place but it can also be a wonderful place to connect with friends and family.  I  also met many new friends with the same creative interests as mine.

Learning is a good thing and as I soon approach my 53rd birthday,  I have learned that we are never too old to learn something new.  I like that all of my kids have MacBook computers.  They talked me into getting one and I have learned from scratch how to use it.  It is so intuitive and amazing at the same time.  I have jumped in with both feet and I know I haven't scratched the possibilities this computer gives to me.  Every time my son Curt comes to visit, he is showing me something new or fixing something I didn't get quite right!
I know that when I write down my feelings and post something for my blog, it goes out into that big computer world.  I know that I am creating words for myself and I hope that a few of you are enjoying it.    
I will continue to learn and grow through this experience.  So you see creating doesn't always have to be with yarn or paintbrush in hand or spending money on the latest new project!  It can be with writing from the heart.   The written word is magical and enlightening.  I knew English was my favorite subject in school for a reason!!  It wasn't until just now that I figured that out.

May your day be filled with creative blessings today!

4 comments:

  1. I think you are doing great with this! As much as I do know about computers I have always been apprehensive myself. Perhaps it's time for me to give it a try. I enjoy your writing and the pictures you post! I think it's a great way to stay in touch. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its cool to see that You are enjoying to learn something new Macbook was the first step iPhone is the next


    Nick O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't blogging a trip? Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love what you have done with your blog....It's beautiful..

    I know what you mean about learning from scratch; I have too and it's so rewarding when it works.....
    Blogging is so much fun and all the friends you make is so rewarding......

    Please visit me and join me at my new blog...
    www.createdforajourney.blogspot.com

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you visited this post today ... please feel free to comment on anything you have heard here today. Your opinions matter to me!