Wednesday, May 18, 2011

52 Photos Project / Week Four / Ray of Light

Capturing the light

Recently I was asked by a precious and longtime friend if I would be willing to create a collage for a silent auction.  A silent auction that would benefit a good cause.  I immediately said yes!  I believed in Leslie and if she needed this I wanted to create a piece with images and words that meant something to her.  I created the background with techniques I had recently learned in my 
It was a piece created with love and joy!

When week four had a prompt entitled Ray of Light, I knew this was the photo I wanted to use.  I took my finished 18 x 18 piece outside and allowed the morning sun to come through using my new camera.  I am learning everyday with my Canon.  I was pleased with the results!

It made me think for a moment . . . 
Ray of Light

There are so many rays of light in my life:
Friendships
Family
Inner Peace
A loving marriage
 My Art Journey
My Spiritual Walk
True Happiness
Memories
A Quiet Heart
My loving children
Smiles from strangers
The Beauty of nature
Beautiful words

I am truly blessed!


3 comments:

  1. Donna - YOU, yourself - are a shining ray of light. Welcome home, how was your trip? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, your list of light is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shot. Just gorgeous! I think it's so cool that you are shooting away and learning with your new camera.

    Donna, you are a ray of light in my life. By far you are one of the most loving, warm, kind-hearted people I've ever know. I love you dearly and am thankful to have you in my life. Now if only we could be neighbors so I could come hang out with you all the time :D

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you visited this post today ... please feel free to comment on anything you have heard here today. Your opinions matter to me!